Do you remember that show from way back when, Laguna Beach? I never got into it but I must say that I now see why this town got it’s own TV show, despite how dramatic the story line was. Funky and artistic with many outdoor activities to choose from, Laguna has quickly become one of my favorite towns in CA. Just a quick 30 minute drive down the PCH from Newport making it the perfect weekend hangout spot!
My little Laguna Beach cheat sheet:
- The Stand – All vegan & vegetarian options! They also have big astrology books on the table. So Cali and so perfect.
- Laguna Feast – Perfect hole-in-the-wall with super authentic Mexican food. Our go-to after hiking most times!
- Dartmoor Trail – Great coastal views. A bit of an incline on the way up but definitely do-able for any level! At the top if you take the trail to the left there’s a bench perfect for bringing a book and hanging out a while!
- Top of the World – A ton of trail options and pretty views from the top lookout. Great place to watch the sunset or look at stars (even though its not technically allowed 😉 ) We do the Car wreck trail and loop back up. Strenuous but manageable for sure. Car wreck is pretty steep but rocky so going down isn’t too bad..going up looks like a different story, although I haven’t ventured to try it out yet.
- Thousand Steps beach – Its not reeeally 1,000 steps but feels like it! Fun little beach with a cool cave that you can walk through at low tide.
- Treasure Island Park – Amazingly beautiful park. There are a few organizations that host donation based yoga every morning at 8 AM and 10 AM in the big open field which I highly recommend! Laying below palm trees and hearing waves washing ashore on the beach at the bottom of the cliff makes for a perfect savasana setting 🙂 And perfect to just head to the beach for a dip after a sweaty class!
- First Thursday Art Walk – Fun and free thing to do on a week day night. Perfect date night option and you can grab dinner afterward!