Alright, cheesy name to give my breakfast smoothie but look at that color! Totally looks like sunshine. In my opinion, some yoga and a yummy smoothie is a perfect way to start the day!
But that pretty yellow color isn’t all to love about this yummy smoothie, it is packed with anti-inflammatory benefits! Most diseases start in areas of inflammation and I am all about being proactive. I also just really love turmeric 😉
I initially found this recipe when I was researching inflammatory foods a while back but since I don’t often follow recipes to a T, I put my own spin on it. Plus, it’s a smoothie…not TOO complicated! Here’s what I include but feel free to make it your own:
- A few handfuls of pineapple (I use the frozen chunks from traders/sprouts cause it’s easy and who has time to cut a pineapple in the morning. But more power to you if you want to give it a try!)
- 1 banana
- A generous sprinkling of turmeric (the sweetness of the fruit totally balances out the strong spice and it is amazing, just wait)
- Almond milk or water. Basically just enough to make e blender work. Sometimes I use orange juice or left over hot tea from my kettle if I made some…all depends on your taste!
- A few ounces of aloe vera gel. Super good for digestion but not so yummy by itself, so putting it in a smoothie is the perfect way to sneak this in!
Other goodies I add in if I have:
- Fresh spinach, kale or lettuce (changes the color to green obviously but you can’t really taste it!)
- A little scoop of matcha tea powder – not so much for flavor since the pineapple and turmeric are pretty strong but can’t help getting a few extra antioxidants in where I can!
Let me know if you think of anything else yummy to add to this! I’m sure protein powder would be a great addition if you want. Enjoy, have a yummy morning!