Guess what everyone, today is one of my favorite holidays! Aside from Christmas that is. It’s National IPA day! I was lucky enough to spend this day last year on a tour at the Lagunitas brewery. For all you craft beer drinkers out there, you all have to join me in celebrating this wonderfully bitter brew in all of its varietals by enjoying a few today 🙂
I thought I would put together I little list of my favorite IPAs of all time because, if you know me all I drink are IPAs. I have been meaning to do a more in depth beer series so this may just kick it off. More to come on that!
Favorite IPAs and Breweries in no particular order
- Elysian Jasmine IPA || Seattle, Washington – Jasmine was already one of my favorite flowers but after trying this beer it took them to a whole new level. Refreshing with a light floral taste to complement the bitter hops. Perfect for the beach! I have seen it on tap once and have a tough time finding it stores…so if you do, stock up! Bevmo in CA almost always has it.
- BrewDog Hop Fiction || Ellon, Scotland – I found BrewDog this summer in London and maybe it was because I was at a pub on a hot day after the park but it was my favorite beer I tried over there. They also have the Punk IPA and the Born to Die IPA which are awesome. I brought pints of all three home in my suitcase!
- Stone Enjoy by IPA series || Escondito, California – Different small batches are brewed every month or so so these are always fresh and amazing. They also introduced a Black IPA enjoy by which I am super disappointed I haven’t tried yet 😦
- Balast Point Watermelon Dorado Double IPA || San Diego, California || Not nearly as fruity as you’d think and light enough that the 10% ABV is a surprise! I was happy to hear this one was going to be available year round. Their Big Eye IPA is also great.
- Cigar City Jai Alai || Tampa, Florida – This strong IPA is my hometown go-to. Great on draft but also sold in cans which are perfect for the beach/boat!
- Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA || Milton, Delaware – An Imperial IPA that is not too strong tasting despite the 9% ABV.
- Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Little Sumpin’|| Petaluma, California – Alright, teeeechnically this is a wheat ale. But, in my opinion its better than their IPA and I couldn’t leave a Lagunitas off this list.
Share on Pinterest!