Hello again from your favorite pizza people! Today’s recipe is a BBQ chicken pizza that I made up and just finally perfected last night. Now its time to share the goodness! Guess what the key secret was…cooking it on the grill! Honestly sad it took so long to finally try a pizza on there, it was the perfect crispy crust I’ve been struggling to get from an oven.
Read on to see what I use for a perfect BBQ Chicken pizza!
- Fresh pizza dough – I prefer the garlic herb one from Trader Joe’s but recently discovered Publix has pre-rolled dough in their bakeries. Totally wouldn’t judge you for skipping the sticky struggle that is rolling the dough out yourself 🙂
- 1 grilled & chopped chicken breast – Optional of course if you want to keep this vegetarian friendly.
- Sriracha & roasted garlic BBQ sauce from Trader Joe’s – Okay. It doesn’t haveeee to be this exact sauce but, you’ll be happy you used it, trust me.
- About a 1/2 cup chopped red & green peppers
- About a 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 large onion – I can’t decide if I prefer red or yellow on this…let me know what you try/like best.
- Shredded cheese – I do a mixture of mozzarella & top with cheddar jack. Fresh mozzarella works great too.
- Optional – Avocado for topping.
- Take dough out of refrigerator at least 30 min prior to rolling out. Heat grill to 450ish.
- Sauté onions in olive oil until sufficiently caramelized. Add in the broccoli and peppers to lightly cook so they’ll be nice and tender after baking the pizza.
- Prepare dough on pan and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Add a sufficient amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Add veggie mixture and chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle with more cheese, this is where I use the cheddar but up to you!
- Another drizzle of BBQ sauce on top and grill for about 10-12 minutes or until its you’re desired crispiness. We left it on the pizza tray and put it right in the grill and it turned out great!
- ENJOY 🙂
Let me know what you think of the recipe. If you like it please share it with your friends…it seems to be a hit with everyone I make it for so far!