Yep, you read that right. Fries made of carrots. I love love love these. My roomate Alissa made them for me the other day and we are officially obsessed. I personally don’t love carrots raw but honestly these crisp up and are almost/maybe better than sweet potato fries. CRAZY, RIGHT? You’ve got to give them a try, such an easy way to get more veggies in your diet!
- A bag of mini carrots or full carrots – I use the bag of minis because you don’t have to peel them and they make cute bite sized fries.
- Olive oil
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- A few cookie sheets covered in foil
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut your carrots up into thin enough pieces – I cut the mini ones down the middle long-ways then cut that in half again the same way (see photo ). This will be the most time consuming part. I found putting them in the ridge of the cutting board when you chop them works like magic. (Is that what that’s there for…?)
- Cover carrots in enough olive oil to coat them but not down them
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- Pop in the oven for about 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want them
- ENJOY – Sprinkle with some fresh Parmesan if you’re feelin’ wild and crazy. Yep, that’s really it!